Wema Utility Card (Verve)
A smart and convenient way to manage your bills and daily expenses is through the use of the Wema Utility Prepaid ATM Card. You can get a card for your teenage child, your nanny, your chef, your driver, or people under your pay list. Besides convenience, when you use Wema Utility Prepaid Card, you are sure your primary bank account is not exposed to the risk of internet fraud or physical theft.
Wema Utility Prepaid Cards are a wallet-based naira denominated Verve Card. As a prepaid card, you are expected to preload the value you anticipate spending. Wema Utility Prepaid Cards presents the most convenient loading and reloading functionality, as it could be loaded by fund transfer through any e-banking channel.
Visa USD Travel Card
A Visa USD Travel Card or Travel Utility Card is a USD denominated ATM Card that you can take with you anywhere in the world and that helps you manage all your travel expenses. You can pre-load your travel card and take it for your shopping sprees and travel errands, anywhere in the world.
Unlike other cards, the Travel Utility card is prepaid which means that you will have to load money on the card to use it. The card is linked to a virtual prepaid account so that all transactions made with the card are reflected instantly on the prepaid card account. This card works everywhere your debit card would work. Meaning that it is accepted wherever Visa is around the world. Read more about all our cards here.
Ready To Get A Prepaid Card?
Take your easy transactions, bills payment, and etcetera
to the next level with a prepaid card.
Prepaid Cards FAQ
The Wema Bank Utility Prepaid card is a pre-loadable card with an independent electronic wallet account. It can be loaded or reloaded via any electronic banking platform in Nigeria. The Wema Bank Prepaid Card is safe and secure so you can worry less about your card being hacked while shopping anywhere in Nigeria or through any channel.
- Not linked to your existing bank account
- It is an electronic payment card like a debit/credit, it can be used on all channels for local POS, WEB & ATM transactions.
- It is valid for 3 years
- It is Chip & PIN enabled
- It allows real-time transaction notifications (ALERT)
- Eliminate the risk of fraud on salary/inflow account
- Assist in fund/expense management
- In-app fund transfer: fund on your prepaid card could be shared with family and friends through fund transfer to Wema Bank account or any other bank account
- Bills payment
- Alternative to cash
- Mitigate loss of funds on vulnerable channels, especially the web.
- Ease of access to funds 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria
- You can block the card in-app or escalate to the bank to block.
- You can request for new card and continue usage of your fund.
- You can have access to your fun via the app.
- Visit any Wema Bank Branch to get one Instantly or request through the self-service request portal.
- You can fund through the prepaid card reference account number from electronic banking platform of Wema Bank or any e-banking platform of any bank.
- The Wema Bank Prepaid card is activated using the in-branch POS.
- The Prepaid Card is your reliable payment tool for all forms of transactions with local currency.
- Gift card
- Salary card
- Expense card
- View card activity
- Check card balance
- Fund transfer
- Bills payment
- Transaction receipt generation